If you’re looking for a perfect activity for St. Patrick’s Day, this rainbow spaghetti is a big hit for little kids.
This is the first time I used colored spaghetti pasta and Niko was really amazed. The texture was new to him, so I encouraged him to use his hands.
This is also a fun, edible tray especially for toddlers who put everything in their mouth a.k.a. Nate.
When the different colored pasta got mixed up, Niko looked for the coins and placed them inside the cauldron.
Their friend, Pretik also joined in the fun.
Nate loved the spaghetti bin, he was laughing with the boys all the time. He was also trying to figure out how to use the tweezers.
Let’s set up a St. Patrick’s Day sensory bin:
- Round tray
- Two plastic cauldrons
- Gold chocolate coins
For the colored pasta:
- Food coloring; red, yellow, green and blue
- Four ziplock bags
For the colored pasta:
- Cook the pasta using only water. Don’t fully cook the pasta, once it turned a little soft, remove it from the water and drain.
- Put a handful of pasta inside the ziplock bag and add the coloring.
- Mix and spread evenly.
- Drain the cook spaghetti and rinse with cold water. This will get rid of the extra dye that could stain your kids hands.
- Add a drop of oil to keep the pasta from sticking together.
- Do this to the rest of the pasta and food coloring.
Set up the tray:
- Arrange the colored pasta evenly into the tray, starting with red, yellow, green and blue.
- Place the cauldrons and arrange the chocolate coins on top.
- You can also add foam shamrocks for an extra St. Patty’s look.
Hope you liked and enjoyed our colorful activity!
PIN ME FOR LATER
Tags : activities for kids, activities for toddler, art and craft blog for kids, art ideas for kids, art ideas for toddlers, Arts and crafts, arts and crafts blog kids, arts and crafts blog toddlers, arts and crafts for kids, arts and crafts for toddlers, craft blog, craft blog kids, craft ideas for kids, craft ideas for toddlers, crafty blogger, diy blog, indoor activities for kids, kids activities, kids blog, kids craft, kinder activiteiten, kinder blog, kinder blog nederland, kinderknutsels, knutselen blog nederland, knutselen voor kinder, knutsels voor kinder, rainbow activity, rainbow activity for kids, rainbow activity for toddlers, rainbow sensory bin, rainbow spaghetti activity, rainbow spaghetti recipe, sensory activities, sensory bin toddler, sensory play for kids, st. Patrick's day, st. Patrick's day activities, st. Patrick's day activities for kids, st. Patrick's day activities for toddlers, st. Patrick's day crafts for kids, st. Patrick's day knutselen peuters, st. Patrick's day rainbow activity, st. Patrick's day sensory bin, st. Patrick's day theme activity, toddler activities, toddler blog, toddler crafts