Let your kids become their favorite book character on World Book Day!
World Book Day is celebrated on the first Thursday of March. It is a special day for kids because they can choose which book character they want to be on that day.
We were not able to celebrate World Book Day this year because we were admitted in the hospital, but here is the World Book Day activity and simple costume that I set up for Niko last year.
For World Book Day 2021, I set up a Peter Pan sensory bin to go with our Peter Pan book.
If you’ve been following me on Instagram, I posted a DIY Peter Pan costume for Nate when he was 3 months old using green onesie and some zigzag felt on the sleeves and bottom (tutorial to follow).
For this activity, I made a Peter Pan paper hat for Niko instead of felt.
Let’s set up a Peter Pan sensory bin:
- Round tray
- Colored papers; yellow, black and white
- Black marker
- Cricut (optional)
For Peter Pan costume:
- Green cardboard paper
- Red feather
- Peter Pan paper hat tutorial
- Green polo shirt
For the colored rice:
- Food coloring, blue and black
- 1 cup of rice
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- Container with lid or ziplock bag
- Paper towel
- Cut Peter Pan characters from the foam paper using Cricut or scissors.
- Cut out stars from the yellow paper.
- Cut the building shape from the black paper.
- Cut small squares or rectangles from the white paper and glue them to the building.
- Draw a clock on the white paper and glue it to the building.
For the colored rice:
- Fill the ziplock with a cup of rice.
- Pour the vinegar.
- Pour a few drops of the blue food coloring.
- Pour one drop of the black food coloring.
- Close the ziplock.
- Mix and spread the food coloring with the rice.
- Add more drops until you reach your desired hue.
- Pour the colored rice evenly on the paper towel and let dry.
- Pour the colored rice into the tray.
- Arrange the Peter Pan items on top.
How to play:
Introduce the characters to your kids and tell the story of Peter Pan while they play with the bin.
Hope you liked and enjoyed this activity!
PIN ME FOR LATER
Tags : activities for kids, activities for toddler, art and craft blog for kids, art ideas for kids, art ideas for toddlers, Arts and crafts, arts and crafts blog kids, arts and crafts blog toddlers, arts and crafts for kids, arts and crafts for toddlers, craft blog, craft blog kids, craft ideas for kids, craft ideas for toddlers, crafty blogger, diy blog, indoor activities for kids, kids activities, kids blog, kids craft, kinder activiteiten, kinder blog, kinder blog nederland, kinderknutsels, knutselen blog nederland, knutselen voor kinder, knutsels voor kinder, monthly birthday theme ideas, peter pan activity, peter pan book, peter pan cosplay, peter pan costume, peter pan craft, peter pan crafts, peter pan diy costume, peter pan sensory bin, peter pan sensory tray, peter pan toddler activity, sensory activities, sensory bin, sensory play for kids, toddler activities, toddler blog, toddler crafts, toddler peter pan outfit, world book day, world book day costume idea, world book day toddler