Celebrate the coming of Spring with this DIY cardboard sensory puzzle and colored rice.
This was Nate’s first ever sensory puzzle. He was 16 months old when they did this activity. I thought at first that he might be too young for this kind of activity, but he actually knew what to do and did a great job with color sorting. Well, except for the part where he started mixing the colored rice.
This was such a fun and messy activity that both boys enjoyed a lot. It’s so easy to make using recycled materials, plus the little kids can also join in the fun, but of course with supervision.
Let’s make a Spring sensory puzzle:
- Recycled cardboard
- Paint; yellow, red, orange, green, white and grey
- Yellow pom-poms
- Toilet paper rolls
- Glue gun and stick
For the colored rice:
- Food coloring; red, yellow and pink
- 1 cup of rice for each color
- 1/2 cup vinegar for each color
- Container with lid or ziplock bag
- Paper towel
- Draw the bunny and flowers in the recycled cardboard.
- Cut 1 cm round pieces from the toilet paper roll and attach them into each petals.
- Glue the pom-poms into the middle of the petals.
For the colored rice:
- Fill the ziplock with a cup of rice.
- Pour the vinegar.
- Pour a few drops of food coloring.
- Close the ziplock.
- Mix and spread the food coloring with the rice.
- Add more drops until you reach your desired hue.
- Pour the colored rice evenly on the paper towel and let dry.
- Do the same with all three colors.
How to play:
- Pour the colored rice into separate containers.
- Place spoons with each color.
- Invite kids to play.
- Fill the petals with the matching rice color.
Hope you liked and enjoyed our activity!
PIN ME FOR LATER
Tags : activities for kids, activities for toddler, art and craft blog for kids, art ideas for kids, art ideas for toddlers, Arts and crafts, arts and crafts blog kids, arts and crafts blog toddlers, arts and crafts for kids, arts and crafts for toddlers, bloem knutselen, bloem knutselen peuters, colored rice sensory bin, craft blog, craft blog kids, craft ideas for kids, craft ideas for toddlers, crafty blogger, diy blog, diy colored rice, easter sensory bin, flisat activities, flisat ikea ideas, flisat sensory bin, flisat spring theme, flisat table, flisat table ikea, flower crafts, flower crafts kids, flower crafts toddlers, flower garden crafts, indoor activities for kids, kids activities, kids blog, kids craft, kinder activiteiten, kinder blog, kinder blog nederland, kinderknutsels, knutselen blog nederland, knutselen voor kinder, knutsels voor kinder, lente knutsel kinder, lente knutsel peuters, lente knutselen ouders, lente knutselen peuters, lente theme knutselen, sensory activities, sensory bin, sensory play for kids, spring crafts, spring crafts kids, spring crafts toddler, spring sensory bin, spring sensory bin ideas, spring sensory play, spring sensory theme, toddler activities, toddler blog, toddler crafts, toddler spring sensory bin