Holi is just around the corner and what is the best way to celebrate the Festival of Colors? Rainbow Oobleck!
Holi, a Hindu celebration heralding the arrival of Spring and symbolizing the triumph of good over evil, is famously known as the Festival of Colors. It provides an ideal opportunity to organize vibrant and messy activities for kids of all ages.
Among the array of festive activities, Oobleck stands out as a highlight. Combining pink, blue, and yellow Oobleck in a single tray resulted in a visually stunning and captivating experience, perfectly capturing the essence of the lively and colorful spirit of Holi. It’s a celebration that not only marks a significant cultural event but also provides an immersive and joyous experience for children, making learning about traditions a delightful adventure.
How to create a Holi oobleck:
For the oobleck:
- Food coloring; pink, yellow and blue
- 1 cup cornstarch for each color
- 1/2 cup water for each color
- Flisat table (optional) or container
- Holi decorations
- Bowls (depending on how many colors of oobleck you will make)
- Mix the cornstarch and water in a bowl.
- Pour a drop or two of food coloring and mix.
- Repeat the process for each color in separate bowls.
- Pour the Oobleck from the bowls to the tray, one color after another.
- Decorate the Flisat with Holi decorations.
- Invite kids to play and enjoy the vibrant and messy celebration!
PIN ME FOR LATER