Spark your kids’ imagination with this DIY cardboard fireplace.
Sinterklaas is a traditional Dutch holiday celebrated every year on December 5th. He is believed to arrive from Spain on a steamboat with his helpers, the Pieten.
Leaving carrots in the shoes for Sinterklaas horse, Amerigo is a tradition among children. It’s a symbolic and festive gesture tied to the magical arrival of Sinterklaas on his white horse from Spain. In return, Sinterklaas leaves small gifts, candies or treats in the shoe.
The shoe is usually placed in front of the fireplace as Sinterklaas enters the houses through the chimney (similar to Santa Claus).
This holiday season, we transformed our play area with a touch of warmth and whimsy. Our DIY fireplace brings the charm of a crackling fire to any room. Crafted with love and creativity, this whimsical addition to my kids’ play space brings warmth to make-believe winter nights. The cardboard fire and fairy lights added an extra magic.
- Recycled cardboard
- Red paint
- Glue gun and stick
- Packing tape
- Scissors and cutter
- Draw an arch on the bottom of the box and cut out the piece using a cutter.
- Secure the inside part of the back with hot glue and packing tape.
- Close and secure the front part of the box with hot glue.
- Dip a sponge into red paint or use a paintbrush to apply paint evenly.
- Press the sponge onto the cardboard, alternating to create a brick effect.
- Allow it to dry.
- Decorate with a cardboard fire and add fairy lights.
PIN ME FOR LATER