If you’re searching for a simple camera craft to enjoy with your kids, this cardboard camera is an ideal project for you and your little ones.
Display your camera for World Photography Day, celebrated every 19th of August.
Crafting a cardboard camera provides an excellent opportunity to introduce children to the captivating world of photography. Engaging in this hands-on activity can spark curiosity about how cameras work, the art of capturing moments, and the significance of photography in storytelling.
Venturing out around 4 in the afternoon, my kids were bubbling with excitement as they embarked on a playful adventure with their newly crafted cameras. The joy was palpable as they explored the playground, capturing moments and unleashing their creativity through the lens of their handmade toys. The simple act of taking pictures became a magical journey fueled by imagination, turning an ordinary afternoon into a whimsical exploration of the world through the eyes of budding photographers.
How to create a cardboard camera:
- Small boxes
- Paint and paintbrush
- Empty toilet paper roll
- Recycled milk cap
- Patterned paper
- Beads and craft jewels
- Glue gun and stick
- Gently open the small box and apply paint to the interior. Allow it to dry thoroughly.
- Slice out a circle on the top part of the box, matching the size of the toilet paper roll, and cut a rectangle on the bottom. (Ensure that the circle and rectangle holes are positioned opposite each other when the box is closed.)
- Carefully assemble the box inside out, ensuring that the painted part is on the outside.
- Cut the toilet paper roll in half.
- Cover the toilet paper roll with patterned paper, then insert it inside the circle cutout.
- Secure with hot glue.
- Enhance the top and bottom of the box by decorating them with strips of patterned paper.
- Attach the bead as the shutter release, the recycled milk cap as the mode dial, and the craft jewel as the flash onto the box.
- Secure the ends of the ribbon on both sides of the box and conceal each end with a small piece of patterned paper.
Happy World Photography Day! 📷🌍 We hope you enjoy our creative cardboard cameras!
PIN ME FOR LATER