My boys love sensory bins! They are always excited when I invite them to dig in and do whatever they want with every setup.
Now that Spring is finally here (yay!), here’s a simple Spring-inspired sensory bin that I set up last year.
I had a lot of fun setting this up since we just got our flisat table all the way from The Netherlands. I never thought I would be this excited to unbox a kid’s table.
Let’s set up a Spring sensory bin:
- Colored papers; orange, green and white
- Yellow foam paper
- Orange small pom-poms
- Cricut (optional), you can also use scissors
- Flisat (optional), you can use any container
- Flat glass beads
- Bunny decor
- Small round wood
- Felt carrots
Extra items for playing:
- Scoops or spoons
For the colored rice:
- Food coloring, green
- 1 cup of rice
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- Container with lid or ziplock bag
- Paper towel
- Cut out the rabbits and carrots using your Cricut or you can draw and cut them with scissors.
- Using the yellow foam paper, cut a flower shape and glue the small pom-pom in the middle.
For the colored rice:
- Fill the ziplock with a cup of rice.
- Pour the vinegar.
- Pour a few drops of the food coloring.
- Close the ziplock.
- Mix and spread the food coloring with the rice.
- Add more drops until you reach your desired hue.
- Pour the colored rice evenly on the paper towel and let dry.
How to set up:
- Pour the colored rice into the container.
- Arrange the decorations on top.
- Prepare the spoons and bowls on the side.
- Invite kids to play.
PIN ME FOR LATER
Tags : activities for kids, activities for toddler, art and craft blog for kids, art ideas for kids, art ideas for toddlers, Arts and crafts, arts and crafts blog kids, arts and crafts blog toddlers, arts and crafts for kids, arts and crafts for toddlers, bloem knutselen, bloem knutselen peuters, craft blog, craft blog kids, craft ideas for kids, craft ideas for toddlers, crafty blogger, diy blog, easter sensory bin, flisat activities, flisat ikea ideas, flisat spring theme, flisat table, flisat table ikea, flower crafts, flower crafts kids, flower crafts toddlers, flower garden crafts, indoor activities for kids, kids activities, kids blog, kids craft, kinder activiteiten, kinder blog, kinder blog nederland, kinderknutsels, knutselen blog nederland, knutselen voor kinder, knutsels voor kinder, lente knutsel kinder, lente knutsel peuters, lente knutselen ouders, lente knutselen peuters, lente theme knutselen, sensory activities, sensory bin, sensory play for kids, spring crafts, spring crafts kids, spring crafts toddler, spring sensory bin, spring sensory bin ideas, spring sensory play, spring sensory theme, toddler activities, toddler blog, toddler crafts, toddler spring sensory bin