In Chinese culture, Koi fish represents wealth, happiness and success. What better way to welcome Chinese New Year than creating paper koi fish and adding them to your kids sensory bin.
Let’s set up a Koi fish sensory bin:
- Round tray
- Patterned paper (green, orange, yellow and pink)
- Green cardstock
- Glue gun and stick
- Black marker
- Koi fish template
For colored rice:
- 1 cup rice
- Blue food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Paper towel
- Fill the ziplock with a cup of rice.
- Pour the vinegar.
- Pour a few drops of the food coloring.
- Close the ziplock.
- Mix and spread the food coloring with the rice.
- Add more drops until you reach your desired hue.
- Pour the colored rice evenly on the paper towel and let dry.
Koi fish origamis:
- Download the koi fish template and follow the instructions found on the template.
- Create koi fish origamis using the patterned paper.
- Cut out the waterlilies and lilypads from the green cardstock and pink patterned paper.
Fill the tray with the colored rice and arrange the waterlilies and koi fish. I also put out scoops, plates and bowls for extra fun.
More friends? No problem!
Add more scoops and fun!
PIN ME FOR LATER
Tags : activities for kids, activities for toddler, art ideas for kids, art ideas for toddlers, Arts and crafts, arts and crafts for kids, chinese new year activities for kids, chinese new year craft, Chinese new year crafts, chinese new year diy decorations, chinese new year koi fish, chinese new year sensory bin, craft ideas for kids, craft ideas for toddlers, diy koi fish, indoor activities for kids, kids activities, kids craft, koi fish activities, koi fish sensory bin, koi fish template, lunar new year activities, lunar new year craft, lunar new year diy decorations, lunar new year sensory bin, paper koi fish, sensory activities, sensory play for kids