Gather up your recycled cardboard and pompoms and create this simple sorting and counting activity for your little ones.
This post is in collaboration with Pandie! All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Pompoms are great toys for improving fine motor skills in young children. There are a lot of simple activities you can do using pompoms like color sorting, transferring, dropping, painting and counting.
We did an easy rainbow color sorting plus counting activity using our pompoms from Pandie.
Niko’s friend, Cailey also joined in the activity. They used tweezers to transfer the pompoms to their matching colors. They did this over and over again.
Take note that toddlers who love to put everything in their mouth should be highly supervised during the entire activity.
Let’s create this rainbow activity:
- Recycled cardboard
- Paint; red, orange, yellow, green and blue
- Colored papers; red, orange, yellow, green and blue
- Glue gun and stick
- Pompoms; red, orange, yellow, green and blue
- Cotton pads
Extra item for the activity
- Paint a rainbow on the recycled cardboard.
- Cut four small strips from the red paper, bend to form a circle and glue each onto the red part of the rainbow. Make sure that the pompoms can fit into the circles.
- Do this to the rest of the colors.
- Attach the cotton pads at the end of the rainbow.
How to play:
- Sort the pompoms to the colors in the rainbow.
- Count the pompoms while sorting.
Hope you liked and enjoyed our activity!
PIN ME FOR LATER
Tags : activities for kids, activities for toddler, art and craft blog for kids, art ideas for kids, art ideas for toddlers, Arts and crafts, arts and crafts blog kids, arts and crafts blog toddlers, arts and crafts for kids, arts and crafts for toddlers, craft blog, craft blog kids, craft ideas for kids, craft ideas for toddlers, crafty blogger, diy blog, indoor activities for kids, kids activities, kids blog, kids craft, kinder activiteiten, kinder blog, kinder blog nederland, kinderknutsels, knutselen blog nederland, knutselen voor kinder, knutsels voor kinder, pompom sorting activities, pompom sorting toddlers, pompoms activity kids, rainbow activity, rainbow activity for kids, rainbow activity for toddlers, rainbow pompoms activity, sensory activities, sensory play for kids, st. Patrick's day, st. Patrick's day activities, st. Patrick's day activities for kids, st. Patrick's day activities for toddlers, st. Patrick's day crafts for kids, st. Patrick's day knutselen peuters, st. Patrick's day rainbow activity, st. Patrick's day theme activity, toddler activities, toddler blog, toddler crafts