“You are my MANE squeeze” is a Valentine-themed cutting activity that your toddlers will surely enjoy.
If you have a toddler who’s obsessed with cutting, this activity is guaranteed to be a favorite. Ever since my son mastered the art of holding and using scissors, he’s been requesting paper-cutting sessions quite frequently.
One popular cutting activity for kids is the lion’s haircut, and there are two reasons why it’s a hit: First, the lion looks absolutely adorable, and second, it offers an extended cutting experience due to the lion’s mane typically consisting of several strips of paper.
How to set up a Valentine Lion haircut activity:
- Recycled cardboard
- Pink paper
- Acrylic paint
- Googly eyes
- Paper cutter
- Draw and cut out a lion’s head from the cardboard.
- Paint a lion’s face on the cardboard head.
- Glue a pair of googly eyes to the face.
- Cut strips of pink paper using the paper cutter.
- Arrange the strips of paper around the lion’s head and glue them from behind.
- Draw lines on the strips of paper to create a heart shape.
How to play:
- Encourage your kids to cut along the lines on the paper strips.
PIN ME FOR LATER