We love fizzy play! And because Pumpkin season is just around the corner, I set up this fizzy science experiment for the boys’ after school activity.
This is super easy to make and very cheap to set up.
The boys were so amazed by the super cool fizzy reaction of baking soda and vinegar.
Let’s set up a pumpkin fizzy play:
- Recycled cardboard
- Glue gun and stick
- Baking soda
- Yellow, red and green food coloring
- Ziplock or plastic
For the orange and green-colored baking soda:
- Mix the red and yellow food coloring in a container to create the orange color.
- Place the baking soda inside the ziplock and pour a few drops of the orange coloring.
- Mix and spread evenly.
- In a separate ziplock, place the baking soda and pour a few drops of the green coloring.
- Mix and spread evenly.
For the cardboard pumpkin:
- Draw a pumpkin in the cardboard.
- Cut out strips of cardboard and glue it around the outer edge of the pumpkin as well as the inside.
- Cut out the extra cardboard.
- Fill the pumpkin with the orange baking soda.
- Fill the stem part with the green baking soda.
How to play:
- Let the kids pour vinegar into the baking soda using a pipette.
- Have fun!
Hope you enjoyed our little science experiment!
PIN ME FOR LATER
Tags : activities for kids, activities for toddler, art and craft blog for kids, art ideas for kids, art ideas for toddlers, Arts and crafts, arts and crafts blog kids, arts and crafts blog toddlers, arts and crafts for kids, arts and crafts for toddlers, autumn activities kids, autumn kids, autumn sensory bin, autumn sensory play, autumn sensory tray, cardboard pumpkin, craft blog, craft blog kids, craft ideas for kids, craft ideas for toddlers, crafty blogger, diy bakery kids, diy blog, diy supermarket, fall activities kids, fall fizzy play, fall kids, fall sensory bin, fall sensory play, fall sensory tray, fizzy play kids, hefrst sensory tray, herfst activitieten, herfst activity kinderen, herfst decoratie, herfst kind, herfst sensory play, herfst sensory tray, herfst versiering, indoor activities for kids, kids activities, kids blog, kids craft, kids science experiment, kinder activiteiten, kinder blog, kinder blog nederland, kinderknutsels, knutselen blog nederland, knutselen voor kinder, knutsels voor kinder, mid-autumn festival activity, mid-autumn festival crafts, pumpkin activity kids, pumpkin crafts, pumpkin fizzy activity, pumpkin fizzy play, pumpkin science experiment, sensory activities, sensory play for kids, t pretend play, toddler activities, toddler blog, toddler crafts