Celebrate National Black Cat Appreciation Day by making these simple cardboard cats.
Black cats are captivating, and it’s wonderful that there’s a special day dedicated to appreciating these charming felines. National Black Cat Appreciation Day is celebrated every 18th of August. Let’s celebrate the unique beauty and charm that black cats bring into our lives!
In a fun and eco-friendly crafting session, we transformed discarded cardboard into adorable cats. Using recycled materials, the boys embraced their artistic side, bringing these cardboard kitties to life with a splash of colors using Carioca Temperello poster paint sticks. This creative endeavor not only adds a playful touch to our crafting moments but also emphasizes the importance of reusing materials for a sustainable and imaginative approach to art.
The resulting whimsical cardboard cats now proudly showcase the joy and creativity that can arise from a simple, eco-conscious crafting project.
How to make a cardboard black cat:
- Recycled cardboard
- Carioca Temperello paint sticks
- Sketch the outline of a cat onto the recycled cardboard.
- Add color to the cat shape on the cardboard and then carefully cut along the outline.
- Draw and color the eyes, then proceed to cut out each piece and assemble them together using glue.
- Attach the eyes onto the cat shape using glue.
- For crafting the moon, form a circle and completely color it with the yellow paint stick. Once colored, proceed to cut it out.
PIN ME FOR LATER