Encourage kids to celebrate our beautiful planet with this straightforward and eco-friendly recycled Earth project.
The Earth Day craft we made today is wonderfully simple, utilizing only recycled cardboard, paint, and a sponge. It’s a delightful and eco-friendly project that’s perfect for celebrating our planet with creativity.
To create this cardboard Earth, we gathered recycled cardboard as our canvas, adding a touch of vibrancy with paint and using a simple sponge as our artistic tool. This hands-on project not only fosters creativity but also emphasizes the importance of recycling and sustainability. It’s a meaningful way for us to connect with the spirit of Earth Day and inspire a sense of environmental stewardship in the process. Plus, the simplicity of the materials makes it an accessible and enjoyable activity for all ages.
Happy Earth Day crafting!
How to create a cardboard Earth:
- Recycled cardboard
- Paint; green, blue and red
- Sponge (cut into three pieces)
- Glue gun and glue stick
- Trace a circle onto the cardboard and cut it out.
- Dip a sponge in blue paint and dab it onto the round cardboard.
- Draw small island shapes on the cardboard, cut them out, and paint each piece with a sponge and green paint.
- Draw a heart shape on the cardboard, cut it out, and paint it with a sponge and red paint.
- Glue all the small green pieces (lands) onto the round cardboard to form the Earth.
- Attach the heart to the middle of the Earth using glue.
PIN ME FOR LATER