Create a simple and fun DIY Easter egg sensory puzzle using recycled cardboard and toilet paper rolls.
Engaging in sensory puzzle activities brings great joy to my son. In this particular project, he enthusiastically undertook the task of sorting vibrant pompoms with tweezers, carefully matching each one to its corresponding color. Following this meticulous sorting, he embarked on a delightful mission of scooping and filling a cardboard egg with rice, creating a unique and textured sensory experience. The pom-poms, a thoughtful gift from Pandie, added a burst of color and playfulness to the activity.
Reflecting on their versatility, I couldn’t agree more – pom-poms are truly one of my favorite crafting materials. The endless array of crafts and activities that can be crafted with these simple yet dynamic elements never fails to inspire creativity and imaginative play. It’s a testament to the wonderful world of possibilities that such accessible materials bring to the realm of crafting and hands-on learning.
Let’s create an egg sensory puzzle:
- Recycled cardboard
- Toilet paper rolls
- Paint, colors of your choice
- Glue gun and glue stick
For the colored rice:
- Food coloring; blue
- 1 cup of rice
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- Container with lid or ziplock bag
- Paper towel
- Egg holder or any container to hold the pom-poms
For the colored rice:
- Fill the ziplock with a cup of rice.
- Pour the vinegar.
- Pour a few drops of the food coloring.
- Close the ziplock.
- Mix and spread the food coloring with the rice.
- Add more drops until you reach your desired hue.
- Pour the colored rice evenly on the paper towel and let dry.
For the cardboard egg:
- Draw and cut an egg shape from the recycled cardboard. Color it with blue.
- Cut a strip from the cardboard and glue it around the edge of the egg.
- Cut out the extra cardboard.
- Cut small strips from the toilet paper roll and bend them to form small circles (the exact size of the pom-poms).
- Glue the small round TP rolls onto the cardboard.
- Paint the inside of the TP rolls with your preferred colors.
How to play:
- Encourage kids to sort the colors of the pom-poms and then have them fill the cardboard egg with rice.
PIN ME FOR LATER