Try this fun DIY Easter egg sensory puzzle using recycled cardboard and toilet paper roll.
This post is in collaboration with Pandie! All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Niko likes sensory puzzle activities. For this activity, he sorted the pompoms using tweezers to their matching colors then scooped and filled the whole cardboard egg with rice.
We used the pom-poms gifted to us by Pandie. Pom-poms are one of my favorite materials. There are so many crafts and activities that you can do and create with them.
Let’s create an egg sensory puzzle:
- Recycled cardboard
- Toilet paper rolls
- Paint, colors of your choice
- Glue gun and glue stick
For the colored rice:
- Food coloring; blue
- 1 cup of rice
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- Container with lid or ziplock bag
- Paper towel
- Egg holder or any container to hold the pom-poms
- Draw and cut an egg shape from the recycled cardboard. Color it with blue.
- Cut a strip from the cardboard and glue it around the edge of the egg.
- Cut out the extra cardboard.
- Cut out small strips from the toilet paper roll and bend them to form small circles. (The exact size of the pom-poms).
- Glue the small round TP rolls into the cardboard.
- Paint the inside of the TP rolls with your preferred colors.
For the colored rice:
- Fill the ziplock with a cup of rice.
- Pour the vinegar.
- Pour a few drops of the food coloring.
- Close the ziplock.
- Mix and spread the food coloring with the rice.
- Add more drops until you reach your desired hue.
- Pour the colored rice evenly on the paper towel and let dry.
How to set up:
- Pour the blue rice into a bowl or container.
- Place spoon or scoop next to the rice.
- Place the pom-poms into the egg holder or any container.
- Invite kids to play.
Hope you liked and enjoyed this activity!
PIN ME FOR LATER
Tags : activities for kids, activities for toddler, art and craft blog for kids, art ideas for kids, art ideas for toddlers, Arts and crafts, arts and crafts blog kids, arts and crafts blog toddlers, arts and crafts for kids, arts and crafts for toddlers, carboard egg sensory puzzle, craft blog, craft blog kids, craft ideas for kids, craft ideas for toddlers, crafty blogger, diy blog, diy easter activities, diy easter crafts, diy egg sensory puzzle, diy sensory puzzle, easter activities, easter activity for kids, easter activity toddlers, easter arts and crafts, easter crafts kids, easter crafts toddlers, easter egg sensory puzzle, easter sensory puzzle, indoor activities for kids, kids activities, kids blog, kids craft, kinder activiteiten, kinder blog, kinder blog nederland, kinderknutsels, knutselen blog nederland, knutselen voor kinder, knutsels voor kinder, sensory activities, sensory play for kids, sensory puzzle toddler, toddler activities, toddler blog, toddler crafts