Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a Valentine book and combine it with a fun tic tac toe book play.
This post is in collaboration with Hello Lucky Kids. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
We celebrated Valentine’s Day with a fun tic-tac-toe game featuring this super cute Valentine’s book, ‘Bananas For You’ by Sabrina Moyle and Eunice Moyle of Hello Lucky Kids.
This charming book is a true delight with its heartwarming message and captivating illustrations. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it to my boys and their insatiable enthusiasm for the story only adds to its magic. The puns and humor, coupled with the incredible artwork, has made this book a cherished addition to our collection.
We crafted a DIY tic-tac-toe activity to complement the book. My kids had a blast coloring the cardboard banana pieces and adorning them with googly eyes.
How to create the Bananas For You Tic Tac Toe:
- Recycled cereal box
- Carioca Temperello poster sticks, yellow and black
- Red metallic poster board
- Orange marker
- Googly eyes
- Pink washi tape
- Pencil and eraser
- Sketch and cut out 5 banana shapes from the cereal box.
- Color the bananas with the yellow paint stick.
- Add details to the banana using black paint stick and orange marker.
- Cut out hands and mouth from the cereal box and color them in black.
- Glue them to the body of the bananas.
- Add the googly eyes.
- Cut 5 hearts from the red metallic poster board.
- Set up a tic tac toe board on the table by lining it with pink washi tape.
- Invite kids to play.
What’s your favorite Valentine book?
PIN ME FOR LATER