Looking for a back-to-school craft to do with your kids? This cardboard backpack is the perfect project!
Just a few weeks left and we’re going back to school! It’s also Nate’s first day of daycare, so we are all excited, especially me! I will have the whole house to myself! Just kidding! (No, I’m not!)
Sharing with you our cardboard backpack as one of our back to school projects!
I asked Niko what kind of backpack he wants to make and he answered dinosaur in an instant!
Let’s make a cardboard dinosaur backpack:
- Recycled cereal boxes
- Recycled milk caps
- Paint and paintbrushes
- Glue gun and stick
- Open the empty cereal box.
- Cut an arch at the top of both the front and back parts of the box.
- Slowly close the box inside out.
- Cut a strip the same size as the opening on the top. Cut small lines on the edges.
- Attach the strip on the top part of the cereal.
- Paint the whole box.
- Get another piece of box and cut into a square.
- Fold the edges of the square except the top. Paint.
- Cut out the horns, nose and eyes from the pieces of cardboard and color.
- Cut long strips of cardboard for the handles. Paint.
- Attach the square cardboard into the box.
- Attach the eyes into the recycled milk caps.
- Attach the horns, nose and eyes into the box.
- Attach the handles in the back of the box.
(Kindly click the full screen option for better quality)
Hope you liked and enjoyed our cardboard backpack!
PIN ME FOR LATER