Celebrate the Lunar New Year with a DIY Chinese dragon sensory puzzle.
I always love introducing different cultures to my kids through simple plays. Niko loves dragons, dinosaurs (and the likes) and making this sensory puzzle was such a big hit.
Let’s make a Chinese Dragon Sensory Puzzle:
- Recycled cardboard (used boxes)
- Acrylic paint
- Black marker
- Glue gun and stick
- Pencil and eraser
- Santan petals
- Santan leaves
- Yellow split peas
- Spoons and scoops
- Sketch out a dragon on a piece of cardboard.
- Paint according to the color of your preferred dragon. I used red, yellow, green, white and orange. (These are the common Chinese dragon colors)
- Use the black marker to outline the dragon’s body and face.
- Cut a few 1 inch strips of cardboard.
- Apply hot glue on the outside part of the dragon as well as the inside. (This is when you want to divide the areas for different kinds of fillers)
- Once the puzzle is done, cut out the extra cardboard on the sides.
- Fill the containers with fillers and spoons and serve to play.
There you go! Hope you guys will enjoy this activity as much as we did.
PIN ME FOR LATER
Tags : activities for kids, activities for toddler, art ideas for kids, art ideas for toddlers, Arts and crafts, arts and crafts for kids, chinese dragon sensory puzzle, chinese new year activities for kids, chinese new year craft, Chinese new year crafts, craft ideas for kids, craft ideas for toddlers, diy sensory puzzle, dragon sensory puzzle, indoor activities for kids, kids activities, kids craft, lunar new year activities, lunar new year craft, sensory activities, sensory play for kids, sensory puzzle