Celebrate the Lunar New Year with a DIY Chinese dragon sensory puzzle.
I always love introducing different cultures to my kids through simple plays. Niko loves dragons, dinosaurs (and the likes) and making this sensory puzzle was such a big hit.
Let’s make a Chinese Dragon Sensory Puzzle:
- Recycled cardboard (used boxes)
- Acrylic paint
- Black marker
- Glue gun and stick
- Pencil and eraser
- Santan petals
- Santan leaves
- Yellow split peas
- Spoons and scoops
- Sketch out a dragon on a piece of cardboard.
- Paint according to the color of your preferred dragon. I used red, yellow, green, white and orange. (These are the common Chinese dragon colors)
- Use the black marker to outline the dragon’s body and face.
- Cut a few 1 inch strips of cardboard.
- Apply hot glue on the outside part of the dragon as well as the inside. (This is when you want to divide the areas for different kinds of fillers)
- Once the puzzle is done, cut out the extra cardboard on the sides.
- Fill the containers with fillers and spoons and serve to play.
There you go! Hope you guys will enjoy this activity as much as we did.
PIN ME FOR LATER