Craft vibrant washi tape fireworks with this simple yet delightful DIY project.
Crafting firework decorations is a popular New Year tradition. All you need is an empty toilet paper roll as the main material. Decorate it with colorful washi tapes to make it look lively and festive. It’s a straightforward and enjoyable activity, perfect for bringing a touch of celebration to your New Year crafting.
Crafting fireworks for New Year’s is wonderful for kids as it sparks their creativity, improves fine motor skills through cutting and gluing, contributes to a celebratory atmosphere, offers hands-on learning experiences, allows personalized expression, and fosters family bonding during the festive season.
In my previous posts, I consistently mention that I opt for chopsticks instead of regular sticks for safety reasons.
- Empty toilet paper rolls
- Washi tapes
- Patterned paper
- Metallic pipe cleaners
- Glue gun and stick
- Use various washi tapes to cover the entire toilet paper roll.
- Cut a 10-cm circle from the patterned paper.
- Create a cone shape by making a small slit in the circle and wrapping it.
- Glue the cone on top of the toilet paper roll.
- Attach metallic pipe cleaners below the roll using hot glue.
- Secure the chopstick at the bottom with glue as well.
PIN ME FOR LATER