Craft a DIY New Year’s card with your kids to send warm wishes to your family.
Embrace the arrival of the new year with a heartfelt gesture – sending handmade cards to your family. Elevate the sentiment by involving your kids in the creative process of decorating the cards, adding an extra layer of warmth and personalization to each one. This thoughtful endeavor not only expresses your wishes for the coming year but also creates cherished memories as a family. It’s a wonderful way to spread joy and make the beginning of the year even more special for your loved ones.
For this particular craft, I repurposed our paper straw firework art featured in a previous post. After folding the paper, I adorned it with washi tapes and other decorations, then inscribed warm greetings inside, creating a personalized and heartfelt touch to the handmade card.
- Black A4 paper, cut in two
- Metallic paint
- Washi tapes
- Paper straws
- Letter stamps
- Design paper
- Gold poster board
- Follow the instructions for the paper straw firework art.
- Fold the black paper in half.
- Select the side with the most art as the front of the card.
- Stamp “HAPPY NEW YEAR” onto the design paper using letter stamps.
- Cut and glue it to the front of the card.
- Cut a star from the gold poster board.
- Decorate the front of the paper with washi tapes and the gold star.
- Write a greeting inside the card.
PIN ME FOR LATER