Adorn your kids play area with these effortlessly crafted Christmas stockings made from cardboard.
Crafting cardboard stockings proves to be one of the simplest and most enjoyable Christmas activities for kids. Providing an ideal blend of creativity and simplicity, this festive craft allows children to express their holiday spirit with ease. By using basic materials like cardboard, scissors, and decorative items, young ones can not only create personalized stockings but also engage in a hands-on experience that enhances their fine motor skills and artistic expression.
We adorned our stockings by painting them with vibrant poster stick paints and generously sprinkling them with an abundance of glitter—creating a festive and sparkling touch that adds a shimmering flair to our holiday decorations.
For the DIY cardboard fireplace tutorial, click here.
- Recycled cardboard
- Poster paint sticks
- Black marker
- A4 white paper
- Glue gun and stick
- Draw and cut out a Christmas stocking from the cardboard.
- Use a second piece of cardboard to trace and cut out the top part of the stockings.
- Outline the traced shape with a black marker.
- Write the name on the second piece of cardboard.
- Color the Christmas stocking with paint sticks and sprinkle glitter while the paint is still sticky.
- Draw and cut out a gingerbread man and/or a Christmas ball from the white paper.
- Color and decorate them with glitter and/or pompoms.
- Glue the second piece of cardboard on top of the stocking using hot glue.
- Attach it to your DIY fireplace.
PIN ME FOR LATER