This post is in collaboration with Sew a Softie!
I joined the global Sew a Softie tutorial hop organised by Trixi from Sew A Softie. Sew a Softie is an annual initiative to inspire kids and adults all over the world to learn to sew.
The theme for this year’s Sew a Softie is Magic.
The very first thing that came into my mind is a magical crystal ball decorated with jewel embellishments and I’m so happy to share with you the result!
Let’s sew some crystal ball softies:
- Felt; purple, blue, black and brown
- Thread; same colors as the felt
- Cotton stuffing
- Recycled cereal box
- Craft jewels
- Glue gun and stick
- Draw and cut a circle and a crystal ball stand in the recycled cereal box.
- Pin the blue felt onto the circle cardboard and cut 2x.
- Pin the black felt onto the crystal ball stand shape and cut 2x.
- Cut a long strip from the brown felt and sew it in the middle of the black felt.
- Sew the black felt on the top lower part of the blue felt.
- Sew the two black felt together.
- Put some stuffing inside the black area.
- Start sewing the blue felt together.
- Leave a small opening for the stuffing.
- Insert the stuffing and close the blue felt.
- Decorate with craft jewels.
Check out our video tutorial on IG:
Hope you enjoyed this easy tutorial! Happy Sewing!
PIN ME FOR LATER
Tags : activities for kids, activities for toddler, art and craft blog for kids, art ideas for kids, art ideas for toddlers, Arts and crafts, arts and crafts blog kids, arts and crafts blog toddlers, arts and crafts for kids, arts and crafts for toddlers, craft blog, craft blog kids, craft ideas for kids, craft ideas for toddlers, crafty blogger, crystal ball craft, crystal ball craft ideas, diy blog, diy crystal ball, diy crystal ball craft, felt craft, felt crystal ball, felt crystal ball craft, halloween craft, halloween felt craft, indoor activities for kids, kids activities, kids blog, kids craft, kinder activiteiten, kinder blog, kinder blog nederland, kinderknutsels, knutselen blog nederland, knutselen voor kinder, knutsels voor kinder, magic craft ideas, magical craft, magical craft ideas, sensory activities, sensory play for kids, sew a softie, softie craft, softie crystal ball craft, toddler activities, toddler blog, toddler crafts