I participated in the worldwide Sew a Softie tutorial hop, a fantastic event organized by Trixi from Sew A Softie. This annual initiative aims to ignite a passion for sewing in both kids and adults globally. It serves as an inspiring platform, encouraging individuals from all walks of life to delve into the art of sewing. The shared tutorials provide valuable insights, making the learning process enjoyable and accessible for participants around the world.
The enchanting theme for this year’s Sew a Softie is “Magic.” This opens up a world of possibilities for participants to infuse their creations with whimsy and wonder. Whether it’s crafting mythical creatures, fantastical scenes, or simply adding a touch of enchantment to softie designs, the Magic theme invites sewers of all ages to explore the limitless realms of imagination through the art of stitching.
I’m thrilled to share the outcome of my Sew a Softie project—a magical crystal ball adorned with exquisite jewel embellishments. The creative process was not only enjoyable but also allowed me to infuse a touch of enchantment into my creation. The sparkling jewels added a captivating allure to the crystal ball, making it a visual delight. Participating in Sew a Softie provided the perfect opportunity to channel my imagination and craft a piece that radiates magic.
How to make a felt crystal ball:
- Felt; purple, blue, black and brown
- Threads; same colors as the felt
- Cotton stuffing
- Recycled cereal box
- Craft jewels
- Glue gun and stick
- Sketch and cut out a circle and a cyrstal ball stand from the recycled cereal box for your project.
- Secure the blue felt onto the circular cardboard and cut out two identical pieces.
- Secure the black felt onto the crystal ball stand cardboard and cut out two identical pieces.
- Cut a lengthy strip from the brown felt and stitch it down the center of the black felt.
- Stitch the black felt onto the lower part of the blue felt.
- Stitch the two black felt pieces together.
- Fill the black area with stuffing.
- Begin sewing the blue felt.
- Create a small opening to insert the stuffing while sewing the blue felt pieces together.
- Fill the interior with stuffing and then seal the blue felt by closing the stitched sections.
- Decorate the outer part by adorning it with craft jewels.
PIN ME FOR LATER