This post is in collaboration with Sew a Softie!
I joined the global Sew a Softie tutorial hop organised by Trixi from Sew A Softie. Sew a Softie is an annual initiative to inspire kids and adults all over the world to learn to sew.
The theme for this year’s Sew a Softie is Magic.
The very first thing that came into my mind is a magical crystal ball decorated with jewel embellishments and I’m so happy to share with you the result!
Let’s sew some crystal ball softies:
- Felt; purple, blue, black and brown
- Thread; same colors as the felt
- Cotton stuffing
- Recycled cereal box
- Craft jewels
- Glue gun and stick
- Draw and cut a circle and a crystal ball stand in the recycled cereal box.
- Pin the blue felt onto the circle cardboard and cut 2x.
- Pin the black felt onto the crystal ball stand shape and cut 2x.
- Cut a long strip from the brown felt and sew it in the middle of the black felt.
- Sew the black felt on the top lower part of the blue felt.
- Sew the two black felt together.
- Put some stuffing inside the black area.
- Start sewing the blue felt together.
- Leave a small opening for the stuffing.
- Insert the stuffing and close the blue felt.
- Decorate with craft jewels.
Check out our video tutorial on IG:
Hope you enjoyed this easy tutorial! Happy Sewing!
PIN ME FOR LATER