Try this colorful cotton ball painting activity with your kids to celebrate the Festival of Colors!
This is one of the Holi activities that we really enjoyed. This is also the first time Niko did a cotton ball painting using droppers.
The doll shapes were cut out from paper and covered with transparent packing tape to avoid getting wet from the activity.
If you are doing this activity with small kids, these spill-proof cups are highly recommended to avoid spilling the colored water.
Let’s set up this cotton ball painting activity:
- Food coloring
- Cotton balls
- White cardstock paper
- Colored paper for the hair; yellow, pink and purple
- Transparent packing tape
- Glue gun and stick
- Googly eyes
- Foam heart cutouts
- Spill-proof cups
- Cricut (optional) or scissors
- Cut out the dolls from the white cardtstock paper using your Cricut, or you can draw and cut them with scissors.
- Cut the hair from different colored papers.
- Attach the hair to the paper doll using hot glue.
- Cover the whole hair and body with transparent packing tape.
- Spread the cotton balls and attach to the doll’s body.
- Decorate the hair with the foam heart cutout.
- Attach the googly eyes.
- Do this to the rest of the dolls.
- Fill the spill-proof cup with water and add food coloring. Do this to the rest of the colors.
- Place the droppers on each cup.
How to play:
Let your kids paint the cotton balls using droppers.
Hope you enjoyed our activity today!
PIN ME FOR LATER
Tags : activities for kids, activities for toddler, art and craft blog for kids, art ideas for kids, art ideas for toddlers, Arts and crafts, arts and crafts blog kids, arts and crafts blog toddlers, arts and crafts for kids, arts and crafts for toddlers, craft blog, craft blog kids, craft ideas for kids, craft ideas for toddlers, crafty blogger, diy blog, diy holi decorations, diy phagwa decorations, dropper painting activity, holi activities for kids, holi activities for toddlers, holi cotton ball painting, holi in suriname, holi indoor activities kids, holi indoor activities toddlers, holi kids party, holi phagwa, holi powder gulal, holi toddler party, indoor activities for kids, kids activities, kids blog, kids craft, kinder activiteiten, kinder blog, kinder blog nederland, kinderknutsels, knutselen blog nederland, knutselen voor kinder, knutsels voor kinder, mud cotton ball painting, phagwa activities kids, phagwa activities toddlers, phagwa decorations, phagwa in suriname, phagwa indoor party, phagwa party kids, phagwa party toddler, phagwa powder, sensory activities, sensory play for kids, toddler activities, toddler blog, toddler crafts