Engage your kids in pretend play and let them familiarize with different cultures.
Introducing my kids to different cultures has always been my goal. As the Chinese New Year approaches, what better way to make them familiar about this holiday is by giving them a taste (not literally) of Chinese dishes.
Let’s play pretend with these DIY felt dim sum:
- Foam paper
- Needle and threads
- Glue gun and stick
- Stuffing (I used cotton)
- Recycled cardboard
- Bamboo plates, sauce bowl and chopsticks
NOTE: I don’t have any template for the food and cardboard steamers. 🙁
- Create the dim sum food using felt and stuffing and close them using thread.
- Cut the sauce from the black foam paper (the same shape as the sauce bowl).
- Cut small pieces from the green and red felt and attach them on top of the black foam paper.
- Create the steamer from the recycled cardboard and attach all the pieces together with hot glue.
How we played:
I set up the felt food and placed them into our cardboard steamer. Niko played with them while practicing how to use the chopsticks.
I hope you liked and enjoyed our Chinese restaurant pretend play today!
PIN ME FOR LATER